Business Speaking & Training Topics
Here are some of the business topics I speak on. Most of the following topics can be a short keynote presentation, a full-day seminar, or anywhere in between. I can also combine multiple topics into a single event.
Here's what some of my past consulting clients have to say about me.
- What is marketing? Most people think of marketing as "things to do." The truth is far more comprehensive because marketing permeates every aspect of a business. Look at marketing from a big-picture perspective and you'll start boosting your profits.
- Sell more without selling. The average person sees several thousand marketing messages per day. How can you stand out from the crowd? Interestingly enough, the best way to sell more is by not selling as much.
- Become an effective speaker. Believe it or not, the fear of speaking often outweighs the fear of death. Overcoming this fear and developing your speaking skills is a great way to increase your business. I can show you how.
- The power of information. Knowledge is power. Learn what information you need and how to get it, and you'll be way ahead of the game.
- Saying yes to increased profits. No sharing. No restrooms. No refunds. Many businesses are festooned with "no" signs and restrictive policies, often for valid reasons. Find a way to turn "no" into "YES!" and your customers will feel happier about doing business with you- and so will your banker.
- Finding your expertise. Sure, your business sells _________. But what exactly are you an expert at? Find the answer to this question and you'll eliminate most of your competition while finding innovative ways of finding the people who want what you (and only you) have to offer.
- The marketing process. Do you know exactly how your business converts prospects into leads, leads into customers, and customers into lifelong clients? If not, you're probably leaving lots of money on the table.
- The truth about work. Society conditions us to believe that "work" equals effort. We therefore spend our lives focusing on effort over outcome. Science, however, defines "work" as results. Imagine how much more productive you could be if you focused on results instead of on effort.
The best training goes far beyond speaking and handouts. Using accelerated learning principles lets students absorb, retain, and use vast amounts of information. This happens because students know the material instead of simply being able to recite it. That said, speaking is one of the most powerful forms of communication there is in many circumstances.
The business training topics I cover include:
- Secrets of Small Business Success Workshop. This hands-on 2- or 3- day workshop delves into the fundamentals of successfully managing and marketing a small business. It includes all of the topics described above plus many more. Participants will interact with me and each other to develop plans for their individual businesses that they can put to immediate use for fast results. Ongoing online support can offer coaching and other resources to help participants retain the knowledge they gained and continue putting it to optimal use.
- Secrets of Small Business Success Intensive. This 5-day retreat gives participants a full week to devise new strategies for getting the most out of their businesses. Heavy interaction is encouraged and the experience includes several field trips to visit surrounding businesses to gain valuable insights into what works and what doesn't work, both in general and in individual businesses. Participants will return with a complete business plan that will allow them to successfully launch or re-launch their businesses, plus full online and telephone support to help ensure their ongoing success.
Please visit the Contact page to inquire about future workshop dates or to request a workshop in your area. Just be prepared to think way, way outside the box... and to come away with real tools and strategies specially tailored to your unique situation.
Why you should work with me
Here is what some of my past consulting clients have to say about me.